By Roger Entner on August 24, 2015
T-Mobile threw down the gauntlet this summer with its new Mobile without Borders plan, pre-empting and expanding on AT&T’s plan to make the US and Mexico one calling area. Within a few weeks the rest of the industry adjusted their price plans, highlighting the very fluid and dynamic competitive situation in the wireless industry.
By Roger Entner on June 2, 2011
On May 10, 2011, Microsoft acquired Skype for $8.5 billion. It is widely seen as another catch-up move by Microsoft in its battle against Google’s and Apple’s increasing dominance of the traditional and mobile internet.
It is interesting to watch because all three companies, Apple, Google and Microsoft, are chasing the same ball. But each […]
By Roger Entner on May 24, 2011
As we approach the House of Representative’s Hearing on the acquisition of T-Mobile USA by AT&T, I have been reflecting on what we heard during and after last week’s Senate Hearing on this topic and am wondering what the House will consider when it is inquiring about the proposed transaction. Here are some questions I […]
Roger Entner and his analysts are known around the globe as some of the most respected telecom experts.Full bio →
Recent Blog Posts
- Digitial advertising takes the lead – Dominated by Google and Facebook
- More screens, different screens
- Scientific Testing: The Most Reliable Way to Test a Network
- The Wireless Industry: Revisiting Spectrum, the Essential Engine of US Economic Growth
- The Return of Unlimited, this time with even more video